Job Title: VP, Sales - National Accounts
Dallas, TX (Irving)
CPG - apparel
Channel of Trade:
No - local candidates only
$150,000 + bonus
****Previous retail, apparel, accessories, licensed product experience required****
The VP of Sales will leverage internal teams and external contacts to identify and secure key accounts; harness those relationships to generate significant revenue and repeat business.
The VP of Sales will identify marketplace opportunities, prospect and engage new accounts, develop proposals, oversee account maintenance and growth. A successful candidate will also help manage and mentor other Sales Account Managers by demonstrating advanced sales, market research and business skills.
• Aggressively build sales nationally
• Identify new sales and business opportunities
• Pioneer and create new opportunities with strategic accounts; initiate and cultivate relationships, identify white space opportunities and generate sales
• Manage, maintain and grow current key accounts
• Forecast and project sales and revenue opportunities
• Strategize with the Senior Management to continue the development of the categories we sell and set weekly, monthly sales goals
• Develop a key account strategy based on the company’s current market position with retail space
• Become immersed and educated in all the categories, brands and licensed products the company has to offer
• Conduct extensive research for each and every account, including store surveys and trend identification to create a recommended product offering which is unique and will result in above average selling for your customer
• Consult with retailers to drive increases in their business
• Establishes and maintains industry contacts representing the company to key customers.
• Fosters entrepreneurial actions that lead to increased brand awareness and ultimately sales.
• Research, analyze and stay abreast of current market trends and competition.
**** Previous retail, apparel, accessories, licensed product experience required ****
• Exceptional sales and negotiation skills
• Research and develop new client relationships in order to identify potential leads and opportunities while maintaining and nurturing existing relationships with our established category base.
• Ability to leverages category/consumer understanding and insights to drive category strategies/initiatives
• Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
• Must demonstrate a passion for driving sales and achieving growth
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university