Executive roles within the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry can be gratifying, with opportunities for growth and development. As CPGs face challenges and changes in an ever-more competitive market, executives need to be equipped with the right skill set to succeed.
This article will discuss some of the most common executive roles in CPG and what they entail.
What are common executive careers in the CPG industry?
In the consumer packaged goods industry, a few executive careers reign supreme. According to BLS, the median pay for executive positions in this industry is $133,380 per year.
Aiming for these careers can be advantageous and offer opportunities for growth in one of the fastest-growing industries in the country. Here are some of the most common executive roles in CPG and what you can expect from them.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO): The CEO is responsible for overall company strategy and performance.
- Chief Operating Officer (COO): The COO is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations and ensuring that the company meets its operational goals.
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO): The CFO is responsible for managing the financial affairs of the company, including budgeting, accounting, and financial reporting.
- Vice President of Sales: The Vice President of Sales is responsible for leading the sales team and meeting sales targets.
- Vice President of Marketing: The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing marketing plans that promote the company’s products and services.
- Vice President of Human Resources: The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for managing the company’s human resources functions, including employee recruitment, training, and development.
What do these roles entail?
Sales executives are responsible for generating sales and developing relationships with customers. They are also responsible for training and supervising sales staff and growing new business opportunities.
Marketing executives are responsible for creating and executing marketing plans that promote the company’s products or services. They may also be responsible for managing market research, advertising, and public relations initiatives, a critical part of any business. Many executives have a background in marketing, as it is essential to understand how to market products effectively.
Operations executives are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the company. This may include production planning, quality control, inventory management, shipping and logistics, and customer service. They ensure that they are made to the highest quality standards. They also work to improve efficiency and productivity in their overall operations.
There are many other areas that executives can work in, such as finance, human resources, and supply chain management. In reality, there are plenty of opportunities for career growth in the CPG industry.
We know the consumer packaged goods industry inside and out.
At Hunter & Michaels, we have been the leading recruiting firm specializing in the consumer packaged goods industry since 1991. For over 30 years, we have been helping clients find top executive talent across all CPG categories in the national retail marketplace. We are 100% dedicated to providing a consultative relationship with our clients, and our experienced team has a deep understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities in the CPG industry.
Our high standards and attention to detail have earned us a reputation as the go-to firm for CPG executive recruiting. As the retail landscape evolves, we are committed to helping our clients stay ahead of the curve. We provide a customized approach to each search, and our extensive network of contacts ensures that we can identify and attract the best candidates for your organization.
If you are looking for top talent in the consumer packaged goods industry, contact us today. We look forward to helping you find the perfect match for your organization.